Tuesday 12 February 2013

Shrove Tuesday is pancake time ♥

I admit to always looking forward to Shrove Tuesday & having pancakes - it really brings out the child in me as I plan some interesting fillings.

Somehow, it seems strange to be thinking of the 40 days of Lent to Easter while we have snow on the ground.


While quickly browsing for inspiration, I came across these in the fabulous Marie Claire book, the Seasonal Kitchen.

 
The only indication of Spring is our indoor (bought) Daffodils ...




 
Hmmm those griddle cakes look good with all the berries. What will you be having on your pancakes?

We favour cinnamon sugar on ours as it harks back to the traditional way of eating them in South Africa, but I am definitely inclined towards some blueberry ones - the small ones oozing with ripe blueberries.


This is our pancakes tonight - with cinnamon sugar, blackberries, strawberries & ice-cream ♥

Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday

Do you give up something for Lent? What is it & how hard is it to give up?

Last year I gave up chocolate for Lent & I actually kept it up which was really hard.

Thanks for popping by, hope your pancakes were fabulous too ♥


Happy flipping & thanks for stopping by,
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.