Monday 23 March 2020

Taking extra precautions result in a little sewing job ...

Hi all, I know we are all in the same boat & having to find ways to deal with Coronavirus.

Since stopping all my students last week, we have been self isolating at home, only going out when we really needed to.


Fortunately we have a reasonable set back from the road front garden & an enclosed back garden so it is easy to enjoy some outdoor time without contact.


Public Health England have urged us all to wash our hands regularly even if we are at home & so we have stepped up that. However,  with us in & out the kitchen door, I decided on a practical measure of using large microfibre cloths which can be laundered easier than hand towels & being different colours, they are easy to rotate.


However, since they had no hanging loops they have been a source of frustration. I looked at the possibility of sewing loops on the top, then I noticed they had an adequately large label - perfect.


After a few seconds at the sewing machine (which is set out for other things) & they were perfect. I merely sewed the label to the other side of the corner to form a loop that could be hung over the cupboard knob by the utility basin - perfect & it did not take any time.


We are in interesting times & we have to think of ways to protect ourselves.  Our utility basin has soap & antibacterial hand wash & we use this sink constantly so having a towel at hand is essential.


The labels now loop over the cupboard handles very well - perfect ...



Have you adjusted your activities to add extra protections?

Thank you for stopping by, I look forward to your company & comments, tell me if you make them, 

Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.