Saturday 15 April 2023

Making some miniature coronation bunting ...


 You know how much I love changing our conservatory sideboard for seasons, events or celebrations. With the coronation of King Charles just weeks away, I decided to make some miniature bunting for the sideboard. 

I wanted the flags to be single sided ones, hanging only on a string to make them light & airy.  I had no pattern, just an idea in my head. A friend spent the morning with me & we cut out the shape, I sewed a straight fold over at the top  & then we both stitched little crowns, castles & cathedral charms on the bottom of each. 

I used blue & red fabric with a gold speckle & a pretty Union Jack on a cream & gold background. 

What a fun morning until I ran out of the crowns for the Union Jack ones. I ordered more charms online. 

I decided to thread them on white string, making two of the strings with alternate flags in red, white & blue. I have started on the sideboard & am rather pleased with them. 

I made 2 hanging pendants for the drawer handles too in a similar style to match the bunting.

I rather like it - what do you think? 

Thank you for stopping by, 

 Dee 👑

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.