Sunday 16 April 2023

Preparing the sideboard for a coronation ...


 We are looking forward to the coronation of King Charles 111 on the 6th May 2023. Shropshire has a connection to King Charles 11 who took advantage of the Royalist support in our county when he fled after the Battle of Worcester in 1651. King Charles was hidden in a series of loyalist estates before he made his way to the coast & to France. 

This route in our county is known as Monarch's Way - I blogged it last year. It is local to me & I visit those woods quite often at White Ladies Priory & the nearby Boscobel House ... 

Last June, we put up on celebratory flags etc with Queen Elizabeth 11 momentous platinum jubilee. We were on a canal holiday so we flew our flag bunting on the boat, had our afternoon tea on the patriotic tea towel that comes out regularly - such a happy time wandering through villages along the canal & to see it all decked out in flags, bunting & flowers. 

With several busy weekends ahead, I decided to start on the sideboard.  Familiar things you will remember from the Jubilee last year but they go well. The inglenook fireplace in the lounge will still get the larger pretty Cath Kidson floral flags but I am pleased I have made a start on it all. I love the set of teaspoons (bought on  the Ludlow market years ago) as they depict a crown, coach, orb, cathedral etc. I think they were commemorative spoons for one of the late Queen's celebrations but they are much used here. 

These are previous ones - in 2018 

in 2022  and the Platinum preparations 

Are you looking forward to or will you be watching the coronation?  I will be joined at home by friends as I love to host a 'watch party'. The sideboard is ready with the newly made miniature bunting that looks just right. It is always more fun that way.  

Dee 👑🤴👸

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.