Friday 5 May 2023

Ready for the coronation of King Charles 111



It has been 71 years since we had a coronation in the United Kingdom. It is such a special occasion even if you are not a royalist because the traditions of the pomp & ceremony date back hundreds of years. 

I gave you a glimpse of the change over of the conservatory sideboard to mark the occasion - it is all things I have used for several royal events - except the 3 new coronation cards. 



The little bunting I made looks just fine hung along the shelves & it can (and will) be used again. 


The front door usually gets something & so at the last minute today, I made some hearts with the fabrics I still had - I should have thought more about how they would hang but they are up & looking rather cheerful I think.

The lounge has some colourful Cath Kidson bunting that has appeared for years. We used it last year on the canal boat, along with the tea towel in the same floral design. We know that King Charles is a lover of flora so it is appropriate 


Several friends will join together tomorrow to watch, the comment, to observe the event - that is always special because it is a national event & I think you take it in more if you are together. 


Last weekend a friend & myself revisted the Monarch's way - a walking route not far from us which charts the escape of King Charles 11 from the troops of Oliver Cromwell in the times we lost our Monarchy after the beheading of Charles1 ... 


The two Priest holes at Boscobel House - King Charles is known to have hidden in one - it must have been cramped because he was 6 foot 2 ... 


The Royal Oak where King Charles 11 spent a night up in the branches, hidden from sight as it was a lot fuller than it is now ... 

I hope you will join us to watch the coronation, do tell me how you found it. Thank you for stopping by, it is always appreciated. 

Dee 👑🤴👸

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.