Saturday, 10 October 2026

Using the leftover creative pages - creatively ...

 

I shared my workshop doing mixed media work for a nature inspired collage. I left it overnight to dry on the table at home. 

This morning I looked at it with fresh eyes & truth be told, I am happy with the arrangement. 

I added in a seedpod from my plant pot next to the conservatory door because the colours & triangular shape fitted in well. 

I glued it on to of the curved bark that was somehow lost in the design.

I decided to stamp 'AUTUMN' on one of the papers & that was added. 

I looked at the black thread & needle but do not feel that it needs anything additional, at this moment in time. 

It feels finished to me. 


I looked at the collection of marked papers we had made to use & then I decided to cut some in to strips & do a paper weaving strip with them. I laid them on a thicker card on a plastic mat, arranged them & then taped the top down at the top to form the warp base. 

The remaining papers were woven through as weft threads, mixing them up to create a pattern that was pleasing to the eye.  The sepia pages were quite dominant in the weaving so I mixed them with the clear or lighter ones where possible. It did not take many sheets but it was good to use some of the pages in a different way. 

It might end up as just random paper work. 

I also made a little collection of fabric & paper from the stash as a simple tag to perhaps go on the woven papers. 

An interesting interlude just for the sake of playing with the papers we made marks on.

Thank you for stopping by, do leave a comment, 

Dee ๐Ÿ–ผ️๐Ÿ–Œ️๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿงต

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your visit♥.