Thursday 17 March 2016

Getting ready for Easter ...

I am making progress & have more or less got the sideboard ready for Easter.  I like to put the things we will use on the sideboard in our conservatory because that is where we eat when we are all
together.  

We still have a very loved free range house bunny Vivaldi - these are a reminder of when we had 2 bunnies ...


New bunnies from a favourite local shop - Number 45 


Colourful glass IKEA bowls are useful & beautiful & they offset the vintage glassware well ... 


Easter means cakes so spoons & cake forks need to be handy ...


Lovely glass egg cups are perfect ...


Godsons overnighted on the weekend so the bowls of eggs are a little sparse already - oops :)


I love these eggs which come out most years  at Easter in our home .... 


I love this vintage plate with some little felt bunnies & clip on hats; everyone needs an Easter teapot that is a talking point ....


Ms M gave me this gorgeous bowl a few  years back for my birthday & it definitely has pride of place


Some of the girls favourite Susie Watson pottery that always comes out at Easter ... 

 

I like mixing things up - the plain plates with the decorative edge are the classic Spode Chelsea Wicker design, teamed up with the girls Susie Watson 'fairy' plates, mugs & jugs. 


It is colourful & I know I will enjoy using the things off it ...


I love lanterns & these pink IKEA ones are perfect with our colourful table cloth & runner. The charger plates with their raspberry coloured border are as they protect the cloth from spills ...

The dining room needs brightening up too - a white tree holds some pretty Easter decorations. The huge gold mirror sets the colour theme so some gold, brass & battery lights look right ...



I will be doing some baking next week so have these gorgeous cutters are ready in the kitchen ...


With some new bunny bunting up in the lounge / living room & the other rooms brightened up, I think I am almost ready ....

Do you have any traditions for Easter?  Will you be doing some baking?  I look forward to family time when we all have some time off to catch up. Thank you for stopping by & taking the time to comment
Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.