Friday 10 April 2020

Easter blessings in challenging times

We find ourselves in very different times this Easter & in some ways, it has made us more appreciative of the frailty of life & an awareness that the world can change dramatically & very quickly.

We are at home with our daughters several hours north & south of us so instead of doing Easter baking with the Godsons & a family lunch, it will be a quiet time with just the two of us.


This post has some previous Easter blogs from my home

However, we are all healthy, self isolating & keeping busy & positive & for us, that is enough this Easter.   Easter marks the end of Lent & when we gathered with the Godsons & cousin at Shrove Tuesday for a meal & to make pancakes together, we were not to imagine that Covid-19 was stalking us so closely.

So this Easter, give thanks in a quiet moment at home or in nature - thanks for blessings received & those we still hope for.

Our sideboard has had favourite Easter things out on it for a while, but it will not be the family & friends gathering;

However, the favourite things are still out for us to enjoy, the lovely running hares by John Atkinson of Bell Pottery in Oxfordshire are setting the colour theme with their gorgeous earthy tones.

The two little little bunnies were bought in Graaff Reinet in the Cape, South Africa. I carried them back in my hand luggage - they are so sweet.


These are from Dunelm Mill shops, bought locally. They are the perfect size for a piece of cake


The girls bought me this from the talented Marguerite Beneke    , a contemporary kiln fired glass artist in Aberdeen in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. I have several pieces of her stunning work.


The large, heavy metallic bunny sculpture was a birthday gift & it gives nod to my love of my house bunnies who shared our space.


My collection of crosses from Ethiopia that I personally selected & bought are a strong reminder of my faith - private & interesting ...

Have a blessed Easter, sincere wishes from our home to yours,

Thank you for stopping by, I look forward to your company & comments, take care

Dee ~💕~


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.