Friday 26 March 2021

Some touches of Easter at home ...

Easter is almost upon us again & I have been finding the familiar things we use at home.  Last year , Easter was a trying time as we had not long entered lockdown & were still trying to get our heads around the new reality.  I have absolutely no new items at all but looking back over the previous Easter links, I realised that every year is different using the things we have & how the colour scheme changes & things move about the house too. 

This is what 2021 Easter decorations look like - lots of links because I know many of you love the details. 

One of the first things to change is always the conservatory sideboard so we can use the things straight from it. 


I love this vintage flower pot I was gifted about a decade ago - I always put some small daffodils in it in Spring & it is just a firm favourite with its bright raised details. 


The table cloth is a length of fabric I bought & hemmed - the colours will be perfect over Easter.  I love finding fabrics that can be used as table cloths  ...


The sideboard with details that regular followers will be familiar with since I have not bought anything new in ages ... 

The cream Spode Chelsea Wicker plates with their ornamental border set off the brighter wares. This pretty pattern was produced between 1954 -2003 & the pattern is used as a base for some other patterns. The platter is another vintage one that is useful for cakes etc. They are perfect with the other creamware items, some old, some new. 












This vintage glass & chrome jar is a useful treat storage & it appears often at home. 

The running hares bowl & jug were a gift some years back from Bell Pottery in Oxfordshire - they are firm favourites & their colours set the tone for the other items. 

The little rabbit dish & bowl were bought in Graaf Reinet in the Karoo, South Africa,  on a previous visit. I just knew they would sit well with my other things. 

The fused glass bowl is from a glass artist in Aberdeen in the Karoo. Marguerite Beneke is a talented glass artist & I have visited her studio several times to purchase original items from her. 

I often buy art when I travel & I saw these two original prints at an artist in Riga, Latvia & just knew I had to have them. Art is easy to take back in luggage & is a good reminder of places you have visited. They are displayed in simple Ikea Tolsby frames that work well for displays. 

      

The 4 rabbit plates & the two jars (blue & brown) were bought from Dunelm mill shops a few years ago - they are so useful for cakes at Easter. High street items can mix very easily with vintage & handmade if they share a common colour or theme. 

           










The dining room sideboard had a little craft tree that appears often at various times as it is very useful. It has a few favourite Easter items on it. 

   










The Easter bunting I made some years previously is back up on the inglenook fireplace in the lounge - it fits in well & is all that is needed there. The link contains instructions to make it if anyone feels so inclined. 

The front door just gets a simple rabbit shape hung on the door again. I have pots of daffodils framing the door - simple & yet colourful.

I think I am ready for a peaceful Easter weekend, how about you? Do you add seasonal items? Tell all ... 

Thank you for your time to stop by & read;  each & every visit & comment is much appreciated, be safe all please 💖

Dee ~💕~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.