Saturday 11 February 2023

Tiny needle book hearts


 I love needlebooks & decided to make two little heart shaped ones for Valentine’s Day.

I used some padded fabric & traced around a heart I already had. I wanted them to be small, just big enough for a needle or two. 

I kept them joined at a top corner so they are ‘hinged’. 

I love blanket stitch so I bordered them with that - one in a red thread, the other in white. I am not sure which I prefer. 

I dug around in my button box & found some pretties to finish them off. 

I spied some pale green silk in my stash so I used a very soft batting & a plain cotton to back it. After machine stitching the layers, I made a little bag that could be used to carry little sewing bits in so it could be used with the heart needle case. 

Something different that will be gifted. 

Are you working on anything at the moment? Thank you for stopping by, it is always appreciated, 

Dee 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.