Thursday 23 February 2023

A kiddie rocker cushion

 I seem to have lost a whole lot of blog posts from July - December of 2021. I only noticed when I looked for this sewing project to link it to the one I made yesterday so I am reposting the gist of the project, photos from my Instagram feed. 

A little sewing project just before Christmas 2021 for the little lad. He will be getting a wooden kiddie rocker  / climbing arch & the daughter has asked me to make the cushion to go with it. 

 

They sent me a picture with the measurements to work from. I popped through to our county town of Shrewsbury & found two fabrics that were hardy enough to survive a climbing frame but pretty enough for a toddler. Jungle animals always win, especially when they are so colourful. 


These sewing clips are amazing - they really hold thicker fabrics together much better than pins ... 


I decided to do it with a removable cover so it can be washed. I used a thick, soft batting inside a cover to make it comfortable when it is used as a rocker. 

First the padded inner was made with stitching on sections to stop it moving about. Fortunately we have a very long conservatory table that can be used for big projects like this because it needs space. The sewing was tricky but managed it. 

The cover was fairly straightforward with lots of sewing & reinforcing. I made ties for the opening & then it was done and the machine & bits could be packed away. 

A great project that I hope will give much joy to the lad - a place to use as a play den when it is upside down as a climber is good too. 

Thank you for stopping by, 

Dee 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.