Friday 3 February 2023

It is snowdrop time ...

 Snowdrops are one of the early spring flowers with their delicate white flowers & drooping heads. They are woodland flowers & carpets of them are always a joy to see. 

Shropshire has several places that they bloom abundantly - last year I blogged about Shropshire’s Mayflower connection  which is commemorated in St James’ church, Shipton. The church yard is filled with glorious snowdrops at this time of the year. 

I have not felted since making a small fungi in November as other sewing took precedence so I did a few sketches of snowdrops & then decided to make a small 3 inch scene on a hoop. 

Working on something so small is interesting.  I love felting as it is a gentle activity, even when using very sharp Felting needles with 1, 3 or 7 needles. 

Choosing the felt from my small stash is critical - the blue of the sky is a bit too dark but it it is a first attempt & I think I do another with various greens as a background. 

However, it is always interesting to see what works & how another can develop instead. 

I will be heading out to look for some snowdrops in the wild - the little woods behind us has some so that will be my first walk to find them.

Thank you for stopping by; do you have any projects on the go at the moment? 

Dee ðŸ’•

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.