Monday 27 February 2023

Come & visit Chester with me ...

 It has been way too long since I visited the historic town of Chester. It is steeped in history with so much Roman history evident - the amphitheatre is just outside the town walls. 


I have not been in the Cathedral on my previous visit & what a fabulous place that just goes on & on with so many beautiful arches & little chapels. 


St Werburgh's remains have been here since 907  - what a time period. 




The Town Walls of Chester - a fabulous walk from an elevated position to look down on the town 

Many of the black & white buildings have a walk under at street level with shops etc above with balconies. We chose one such place to have a relaxing meal at with time to just catch up properly - something our busy lives doesn't always allow for. 

Jewellery shops were so evident - it is obviously the place for the well heeled to visit & add to their  jewellery. The Faberge collection caught my eye ... 


No visit is complete without walking in the footsteps of the Romans - a visit to the Amphitheatre & the gardens was a must then a walk along the Town walls to the Eastgate Clock. 

I will not leave another visit so long next time, thank you for stopping by. Each & every visit & share is appreciated. 

Dee 💕


No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.