Wednesday 14 March 2012

A splash of colour amongst the greyness

Our misty, grey Shropshire weather has perfectly matched my feelings this week - the mists of time have settled on our beloved Mother as she lost her battle with cancer last week ....
This picture taken on their farm in Africa last year
The mists of time ...

and these roses with Winter dew on them from her garden

Mom's roses ...

Even my walk at my favourite place this week seemed to echo my sadness
Spring has sprung
but the odd bursts of colour were welcome ....
Attingham Park, Shropshire

Some favourite quotes from a favourite film - Out of Africa are appropriate:
"Perhaps he knew, as I did not, that the Earth was made round so that we would not see too far down the road." (and be afraid)
Road through the sugar cane

"If I know a song of Africa, of the giraffe and the African new moon lying on her back, of the plows in the fields and the sweaty faces of the coffee pickers, does Africa know a song of me? Will the air over the plain quiver with a color that I have had on, or the children invent a game in which my name is, or the full moon throw a shadow over the gravel of the drive that was like me, or will the eagles of the Ngong Hills look out for me?"

“We must leave our mark on life while we have it in our power.” Karen Blixen

Seize the moment, every moment, everyday because we do not know what lies down the road ...
Dee ♥

2 comments:

  1. love the poems and how true..just enjoy life, be the best we can and leave a mark that is worth people remembering.
    Love The Tipsy Tart
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sobering reminder to us all & the quotes are from a favourite movie ♥ xx

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.