Saturday 20 June 2015

The picture ledge is in place …

Phew - at last,  some time was found to hang up the completed picture ledge in the living room. It was delayed because  I needed special raw plugs to support heavier things & then the drill was not charged.

I am not a natural diy re electric tools so the planning took a little longer to mark the points on the wall, drill the holes (finding the right drill bits in the garage took time too …. ) then finally hanging it on the wall …

I used a spirit level to make sure the top shelf was level but the bottom shelf is not originally completely straight but I chose to line up with the top shelf …


At last - a space to just pop on interesting art, framed maps or anything that catches my eye. I love being 'random' by rotating the interesting things we have so that I get the opportunity to enjoy them
more often.


I am funny about art - I love things that mean things to me - the 3 top pictures are from South Africa, the centre one is a vintage one (the other hangs above the TV) and the bottom ones are all family vintage ones - the centre one on the bottom is of the place where my grandfather was born in South Africa more than a 100 years ago.

At the same time, I moved some pictures around on the picture ledge in our entrance hall - a change around & I stop & look at the changed paintings on my way in & out of the house - that is how art should be - things you enjoy looking at!


How do you display your pictures, art & images at home? Share your inspirations please …

Dee ~♥~

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.