Thursday 18 June 2015

Sunny weather light lunch

At last - we have had a glimpse of Summer, just in time for 21st June which will be the midpoint of the year, our longest day, the Summer solstice.

I got in mid afternoon from the last of my students & felt like I needed something healthy but light.

Luckily I found some lovely wild salmon fillets in the freezer - perfect!

They were quickly defrosted then pan fried with no oil or butter - skin side down. The top was dusted with fresh herbs then they were turned over once the skin had browned (I love the crunchiness of the skin …. )

A simple handful of organic baby spinach & some cut cucumber & my light lunch was ready to be eaten in the conservatory, overlooking our lush garden, while updating my diary for the week.

A glass of sparkling water with a slice of lemon was perfect …


Lunch was 225 calories only - very tasty, filling & healthy ….

What is your favourite quick & healthy lunch? Inspire me please :)
Dee ~♥~


2 comments:

  1. Hi Dee! That perfect for me. I do it but I also add some baked potatoes, you know for the children. Yesterday, we had chiken in the pan with only a little bit of olive oil and a great amount of mushrooms saute in a pan with fresh onions in olive oil too.

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely Marina - I love baked potatoes & your meal sounds lovely - I love looking at your life in Spain

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.