Thursday 2 May 2024

Little pancakes with apple

 I do love a quick pancake & sometimes, it is a spur of the moment thing. 

Today was such a day - with fruit to use up in the fridge & a slower morning, I quickly cut fruit & made up the pancake mixture. This is the recipe my late mother always made - I have shared it before but here it is again. 

I always just mix with a whisk & a bowl 

1 cup of self raising flour 

1 egg 

5/8th cup of milk (about 150-175ml) 

a little vanilla extract if liked 

Whisk together, adding a little milk to the mixture if it is too thick. 

Heat the pan & turn it down to medium. Drop tablespoons of the mixture on to the pan & wait until it bubbles then flip over - it is less than 1 minute each side. 

For the apple ones, I cut half an apple in to thin pieces (skin on still) and then as the first side of the pancake was cooking, I added the apple pieces to the pancake, let the bottom side cook then flipped it over. Watch that the apple does not brown too much (turn the heat down if needed) 

Serve the pancakes with fruit,  yoghurt or anything you fancy. 

They really do take less than 5 minutes to mix & a few minutes to make. This mixture makes about 9 (of the size shown in the photos) and the mixture can be doubled. 

Best served hot with orange juice or a tea or coffee. 

Do tell if you make them & what you put with yours.


Thank you for stopping by, 

Dee 🥞

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.