Tuesday 24 December 2013

Eclectic Christmas decorations at home ....

Hello & welcome to all my visitors - are you all ready for the festivities?

I love mixing up the styles at home - very eclectic with things collected in various places that we have lived & visited. 

A favourite place was most definitely the beautiful Ethiopia & their Coptic culture, grounded in their religious observances.

My wall of Ethiopian crosses that I collected on my travels is special to me


 
These Muday baskets are made of dried grass or straw in traditional colours of blue / purple, green & red & they are used to keep small precious items.
 

I bought them & the round basket on one of my many visits & they come out every Christmas; we all chose them in a market in Addis Ababa so they are special to us. 

My Ethiopian candle holder from Gonder always appears to cast its cross shape & my angel light  serves as a reminder of the real meaning of the season.

 
Our entrance hall always has a small tree with our hand beaded South African decorations which remind me of home.  They were gifted & my parents sent me some too so they are a link to my roots. 



 
How well they all go with our other decorations? 

Have a peaceful day & hope all your preparations are going well
Dee ~♥~

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful treasures, Dee. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Florida! Lyndaoflakeland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by again Lynda - hope you had a fabulous festive time in Florida!

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.