Monday 16 December 2013

Holly greetings

Hello all, how are your festive preparations going?

Two years ago the daughters gifted us a pair of Holly Trees which were moved into larger pots under our covered porch by the front door ....

Since being repotted, they have grown into beautiful tall specimens that greet visitors.

I found some lovely battery operated led lights to brighten them up during our dark winter times - a cheerful welcoming light.



I have once again been gifted a lovely fresh holly wreath for our front door which looks very welcoming. It is a sincere & genuine gesture that I appreciate so much.

Fresh greenery is so welcoming in mid-Winter; it appeals to my natural instincts. Our ancestors used to decorate their home with greenery, a Druid-like acknowledgement of the rhythm of the seasons.

I think it is beginning to look festive - what do you think? Do you put up garlands & wreaths? Tell all ...

Thanks for stopping by again, always love to return the visit
Dee ~♥~

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dee! I love seeing your Christmas from far, far away

    Hugs,

    Marina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marina - I love seeing your blog too & how you celebrate in Spain.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Debs - the large holly stay all year & are getting bigger every year ...

      Delete

♥ Hi - thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit♥.